The Area Sales Manager will have a key role in establishing Sperre Korea in Busan, delivering profitable sales and growth in line with the budget and strategy.
- Develop and implement an overall marketing and sales plan for Korea in accordance with the agreed budget and company strategy for the marine and power plant business.
- Deliver the designated sales, profit, exhibitions and campaigns, prospects and opportunities within the sales plan, agreed budget and timescale.
- Establish, implement and maintain a plan for key customer relationships such as yards, ship owners, design offices supported by HQ teams in order to develop prospects and opportunities for future projects, sales and growth.
- Proactively investigate new opportunities and developments of products/systems in the region.
- Utilize resources and cooperate with the sales teams, agents and suppliers to deliver successful sales to secure customer orders.
- Provide sales forecast data and analyses for the market and business financial planning and budget.
- Remain updated on shipping, power plants, technical and market trends in cooperation with HQ to optimise the sales plan and budget.
- Develop and secure a strong Sperre brand, position and reputation.
- Manage the customers regarding account receivables, warranty and claims in cooperation with HQ.
- Perform other administrative duties when required.
Competencies and Experiences
- BSc/MSc Marine/Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years experience from sales roles in the Marine Industry, preferably from manufacturing or yards
- Experience from International /European Maritime business including cultural awareness
- Both commercial and technical experience from system sales
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the relevant industry and market.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering Sales
- Established marine/power plant network
- Financial acumen and business understanding
- Fluent in Korean and English both oral and written
Application deadline: 18th of October
Thank you for applying on job in Sperre.
Sperre Industri AS is responsible for the personal information you send in the application on e-mail Application.Korea@sperre.com. When applying on a open job position through Application.Korea@sperre.com, you accept that we register and collect the personal information you provide us in your application and CV. We can share your application and CV with our employees involved in recruiting, and with third parties involved in the recruitment process, including recruitment agencies, suppliers of personality tests etc.
We will keep your application and all other information you have provided us until the recruitment process is completed and in a following period as long as we consider your application relevant to us, but under no circumstances longer than 12 months.
By submitting your personal information:
- You declare to have read, understood and accepted the guidelines above.
- You declare that the personal information you have sent us is complete and correct, and you understand that deliberate and incorrect statements can lead to your application being rejected or future contract termination.
- You give your full consent to processing the provided and later gathered information.
Send application (in english) to: Application.Korea@sperre.com
Sperre Compressors develops and manufactures compressors for the shipping, offshore and land based/power plant industry segments. Through more than 80 years in the business the company has developed a strong brand, which is characterized by quality, customer focus, service and delivery precision. The company has a global market share of more than 20%, with Asia as the largest market. Sperre has a long-term growth strategy with clear goals and ambitious goals. Part of this is establishing Sperre Korea branch office in Busan, this after more than 40 years of business in Korea.
The organization focuses on competence development, digitalization and efficient operations to meet customer requirements and needs.
Sperre Head Quarter is located in Ellingsøy, Norway with modern production facilities and administration.
The Group has 113 employees distributed across 5 companies located in Norway, Rotterdam, Singapore and Shanghai.